I’d been holding the working holiday travel permit for close to a year, and it was time to arrive in the territory before the end of October.
It seemed difficult to summarize approximately 10 months of this adventure, including 8 in Melbourne. Yet most of my time in Melbourne was dedicated to working up to 14 hours a day.
Melbourne has become like a home. It has been my base, leaving and returning throughout my travels in the Pacific. I’d also met many beautiful people and recreated a whole new group of good friends from all walks of life and from around the world.
My first home was the most impressive experience – an industrial warehouse converted into housing inhabited by artists and dreamers. In this home, we defeated the world and immersed in dreams of escape.
The 4th Home
- It is the 6th largest country in the world, occupying an entire continent of some 7.6 million square kilometres.
- The largest Greek population in the world beside Athens in Greece can be found in Melbourne Victoria.
- Most of Australia's exotic flora and fauna cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
- The Indigenous 'Dream Time' is the foundation for tens of thousands of years of spiritual aboriginal art, traditions, legends, myths, folklore and culture.
- It is believe that the Aboriginal game of Mangrook inspired the rules for Australian Football, while invented in Sydney became popular in Victoria.
- Surprisingly Australia is the most obese country in the world as of 2012 with a 26 percent obesity rate despite being a sport loving nation.