It is difficult to comment on Qatar’s culture or history especially since I only stayed for 3 days. But it is certain that this country and its neighbors arouse jealousy from the West.
In general, the West has been in denial about the ephemeral source of their wealth since it is mainly from fossil fuels. Without it is, as was that of the settlements in the west. The wealth gathered on this fundamental need has since developed subsequently into scientific research and economic development. Today's old rich was really nouveau riche not so long ago.
Did you know...
- The National Sport in Qatar is biding on International Events.
- The national Carrier Qatar Airways Allow you to Buy liquor on its planes but does not allow you to bring them into the country so you end up drunk even before you set foot.
- Qatar is home to at least 180 nationalities.
- Qatar’s white and maroon flag used to be white and red. It is believed that the manufacturer which created the flags used an experimental red dye. When the flags were put up, they turned into a maroon colour. Therefore, Qatar decided to adopt it, becoming the Qatar red.
- Since the year 150 CE, Catara was the first and most ancient name designated for Qatar Peninsula in geographic and historical maps. On the map drawn by the geographer Claudius Ptolemaeus (also known as Ptolemy) in 150 CE, published in 882 CE – 1477 CE and later in the Historical Atlas of Islam, the peoples of the Arabian Peninsula in the middle of the second century CE were identified.