Did you know...
- In the 9th and 10th centuries, Swedish Vikings invaded and settled in parts of Eastern Europe as far as Constantinople and the Caspian Sea. They founded the first kingdom of Russia. All the Tsars of Russia until the last one, Nicholas II, were of Swedish Viking descent.
- Sweden has the smallest gender employment-rate gap in the developed world, with only 4% more men in employment than women.
- Sweden has the highest proportion of personal computers per capita in Europe, with 500 P.C.'s per 1,000 people.
- Sweden has the highest number of McDonald restaurants per capita in Europe.
- Sweden has, along with Denmark and Hungary, the highest standard V.A.T. rate in the world (25%).
- Total taxation in Sweden amount to 54.2 % of GDP, the highest level worldwide.
- Sweden has an excellent reputation as a car maker with Volvo and Saab. Scania trucks are also Swedish.